Undergraduate Programs in both Vietnamese and English
A high-quality program taught in Vietnamese, including a number of specialized modules taught in English, also known as a High-Quality Education Program.
The program is built with special education methods, training learners to meet higher output than standard programs on English skills, soft skills, and professional skills, national and international vocational certificates.
Admission method in the high-quality program (teaching - learning in Vietnamese and English)
When students study the high-quality program, besides the standards that Ton Duc Thang University students can reach, furthercharacteristics of high-quality program students are built and trained by the university, such as:
- Training human resources of high quality to meet the requirements of international integration with high professional practice skills supported by national/international vocational certificates; English language certificates of IELTS 5.5 or other equivalent international certificates; MOS computer certificates of 750/1000 points with 3 applications, namely Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- The major fields are built based on the reference of training framework top 100 universities in the world and updated to suit the development situation of Vietnam in general and the demand for human resources of the market labor in particular. Besides, the university pays special attention to the correlation between theory and practice as well ascombining professional knowledge with practical skills and focusing on soft skills and corporate internship. During the training process, the Faculty regularly invited experts in the field to present seminars, share practical experiences as well as directly exchange with students about the training industry.
- Class size and facilities: small classrooms (20-40 students per class), classrooms, laboratories, and simulation rooms are modernly invested, within a 30ha campus in the center of Ho Chi Minh City - being recognized by UNESCO as the greenest, cleanest and most beautiful environment in Vietnam with 100% of classrooms equipped with air-conditioners.
- Lecturers and teaching methods: lecturers with a master's degree or higher, graduating in the right majors from the top 500 universities in the world with teaching experience and professional expertise. The whole program applies active teaching methods, taking students as a center, inspiring learners for their career.
- Career certificate: During the training, students learn subjects in which certificates are valuable for their later career and will help students gain confidence in the interview process after graduation.
- Learning specialized subjects in English: more than 50% of specialized subjects will be taught in English, by the Teachers who have English level of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, along with deep professional knowledge, which help students not only strengthen specialized vocabulary, but also develop foreign language skills in the field, which are convenient and beneficial for recruitment in multinational companies.
- Foreign semester: is a compulsory semester of the training program, expected to take place in year 3 or 4, to help students have the opportunity to exchange and study with international students as well as to practice a foreign language. Students will study in Taiwan, Holland, Malaysia, Czech Republic, or France for 3-4 months; and / or undertake essay in English to help students develop their professional qualifications and improve their foreign language skills.
- Military semester: designed specifically for high-quality students to learn National Defense Education, as well as experience physical activities, collective activities and train life skills, confidence, gratitude and effort.
- Internship / observation: students are given graduation theses under the guidance of domestic or international prestigious professors, doctors, masters and experts. They are alsoable to participate in internships and observations at multinational corporations, and big companies to help students apply the theory and practical work well.
- Emloyment: The University cooperates with domestic or international companies, and businesses to support students in finding a place for internship or work after graduation. The training result is shown via the number of 100% graduates having jobs within 1 year after graduation.
Currently, the University organizes 17 high-quality undergraduate majors, including:
- Computer science
- Graphic Design
- International Business
- Civil Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecomunication Engineering
- Automation and Control Engineering
- Business Administration - Hospitality Management major
- Business Administration - Human Resources major
- Finance and Banking
- Vietnamese studies – Tourism and tourism management