Undergraduate Programs in English language
A high quality program taught entirely in English to train global citizens; students can work or study higher worldwide immediately after graduation.
Entrance English requirements:
Foreign candidates: in countries where the main language is English, no English certificate is required; Candidates in other countries must meet English level of IELTS 5.0 or above (or equivalent);
Vietnamese candidates: must have an IELTS 5.0 or higher certificate, or equivalent; or must take an English language proficiency test at the beginning of the course with TDTU's International English Proficiency Assessment System to be eligible for English proficiency to study the program (except for English language Major).
If a candidate’s English has not yet reached the above standards, but they still want to study this program, they must accept "only admitted to the matriculation". This means they have not decided to be enrolled; and must attend English tutoring classes at TDTU until reaching the above standard level to be "decided to enroll and be admitted as a student". The supplementary time can range from half a year to 1 year depending on the result of the placement test from TDTU.
After 1 year of intensive English program, if candidates still do not meet English standard IELTS 5.0 or equivalent; learners can drop out of the university or may apply for high quality teaching and learning programs in Vietnamese and English, the standard teaching-learning program in Vietnamese (if the initial admission criteria are still guaranteed) into the corresponding majors / programs).
In case the number of students enrolling for a formal education is less than the minimum number of students required to open the class, learners are advised to preserve the enrollment results, or transfer to other branches / programs (if meeting the entry criteria of that major / program).
Characteristics of the teaching - learning program completely in English
- Train high-quality human resources to meet the requirements of international integration with: high professional practice skills supported by national / international vocational certificates; English certificates at least IELTS 6.0 or other equivalent international certificates; MOS computer certificates from 750/1000 points with 3 applications namely Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- International standard major fields; lecturers are domestic and foreign professors, doctors, masters with deep expertise and good teaching experience. The students are also learn practical knowledge from successful professionals and entrepreneurs. The university pays special attention to combining theory with practice and combining professional knowledge with practicing practical skills, and focusing on soft skills and corporate internship. During the training process, the Faculty regularly invites experts in the field to present seminars, share practical experiences as well as directly exchange with students about the training fields.
- Class size, Facilities: small class sizes (20-25 students / class), classrooms, laboratories and simulation rooms are modernly invested, within a 30ha campus in the center of Ho Chi Minh City - recognized by UNESCO as the greenest, cleanest and most beautiful environment in Vietnam with 100% classrooms equipped with air-conditioners.
- Lecturers and teaching methods: lecturers with a master's degree or higher, graduating from the right majors from the top 500 universities in the world with teaching experience and professional expertise. The whole program applies active teaching methods, entirely in English, promotes creative thinking, student-centred approach, and inspires students about careers.
- Students are honed in comprehensive skills with a comprehensive training skills program for sustainable development in the 21st century. Military semester for high-quality students who both learn Defense Education, experience physical activity and collective activity, and practicing life skills, confidence, gratitude and effort.
- Internships/ practicum: Students are given graduation theses under the guidance of prestigious Professors, Doctors, Masters and Experts domestically and internationally; are able to participate in a foreign semester in Taiwan, Netherlands, Malaysia, the Czech Republic, or France ... for 3-4 months; and / or have the internships with corporations, multinational companies, foreign companies to help them apply the theory to practical work well.
- Employments: The University links with domestic and foreign businesses, and companies, which are able to assist students in finding internships and jobs after graduation. The training results are expressed in the parameters of 100% of graduates having jobs in the first year.
- High quality student support service: learning support and self-study utility at the Library; teaching assistant system to monitor and support students in learning; Priority to participate in all extracurricular clubs of faculties ; Priority for job introduction and postgraduate scholarships.
Enrollment method for the curriculum - learning in English
Currently, the University is organizing 12 high-quality teaching and learning branches in English, including: